1. A 250-word proposal or description of the work.
2. A letter from a sponsor agreeing to supervise and evaluate the intern’s activities and accomplishments during the internship. The employer should understand that interns are not entitled to wages during the internship (meal/travel stipends are not considered wages.)
To complete the internship and receive a grade or Pass/Fail, the student must submit the following to the DGS by the last day of classes for the semester:
1. You must register on Albert (G68.2997) for an internship with the Program Coordinator and decide with the DGS if you are taking the class for 1, 2, 3 or 4 credits at the beginning of the semester. You can also choose to have the internship count as a Pass/Fail (only at the beginning of the semester).
2. A 5-8 page paper on the internship, which may be submitted as a daily log, a more traditional thematically organized paper, or a series of reflections from the internship. This must be received by the last week of classes.
3. You should be in touch with the DGS during midterms with information about your progress and any problems you encounter.
4. A supervisor’s evaluation (at least 250 words), which must include a proposed grade.