Deutsches Haus at NYU is New York’s leading institution for the culture and language of the German-speaking world. Located in the historic Greenwich Village district, Deutsches Haus is an integral part of New York University. Since 1977, it has provided New Yorkers with a unique forum for cultural, intellectual, and artistic exchange with Germany, Austria, and Switzerland through its three pillars: the language program, the cultural program, and the children's program.
About the Culture Program:
Deutsches Haus at NYU serves as a platform for encounters between artists, writers, filmmakers, researchers, thinkers, and academics engaged with the German-speaking world. Its varied programming is comprised of exhibitions, talks, lectures, concerts, conferences, readings, panel discussions, performances, and film screenings, all of which attract a diverse and involved audience of New Yorkers interested in today's artistic and intellectual agenda.
Position description for the virtual internship:
- Lead Deutsches Haus at NYU's daily social media presence across various channels
- Incorporate professional or extra-curricular hobbies and passions to social media programming or propose other strategies for growth
- General administrative tasks such as participating in daily virtual meetings (if schedule allows for it), disseminating information about our Language and Culture Programs to the general public, and self-lead improvement initiatives
- Fluency in spoken and written German and English
- Enthusiasm for the German-language and interest in cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary dialogue
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Instagram, Mailchimp, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or any other foundational graphic design software you may have access to
- Demonstrated ability to plan/organize, research, analyze, multitask, and prioritize
- Communication/presentational skills
- Ability to work independently and with self-discipline as well as part of a team
- Ability to think critically and to accept constructive criticism
For more information on joining Deutsches Haus's Cultural Program, please contact Sarah Girner at firstname.lastname@example.org.