The FAQ document for CLACS MA students can be accessed at this link. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have inquiries not addressed here.
The document covers the following questions:
ADVISING AND KEY RESOURCES
- Where can I learn more about Graduate School of Arts and Science policies?
- Where can I learn more about CLACS policies and student guidance? Where can I find the CLACS Student Handbook?
- What else is covered in the CLACS Student Handbook?
- Where can I review the degree requirements for my MA or joint program?
- How often should I meet with my CLACS academic advisor?
- Where do I find important dates regarding the academic calendar, such as the deadline to register or withdraw from a course?
- How do I sign up for courses?
- I am a CLACS student interested in taking Quechua or Haitian Creole. What is the no-cost, zero credit option?
- I am a CLACS student interested in taking a course outside of the center as an elective. What is the process to request approval?
- What other departments sometimes offer courses on the region?
- What classes are being offered at CLACS?
- When do I need to apply for graduation?
- What does Graduation look like at CLACS?
- Does GSAS or CLACS offer university or “latin honors” for graduating graduate students?
RESOURCES: HEALTH, INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, STUDENTS WITH CHILDREN
- Where do I learn more about health and wellness at NYU?
- Interested in mindfulness, meditation, or yoga?
- Who can I reach out to for mental health resources?
- What services are there for students with disabilities?
- I am a newly admitted international student interested in finding more resources. Where should I look?
- I am a current international student interested in finding more resources. Where should I look?
- I am a student with children interested in finding more resources. Where should I look?
ACADEMIC LIFE: RESEARCH & WRITING
- What does the Master’s Project look like at CLACS?
- I’m embarking on a research project and would like to learn more about resources at NYU Libraries. What should I do next?
- Where can I find Anti-Racism Education, Programs, and Resources at NYU?
- How can I strengthen my writing as a grad student at NYU?
- Where can I print on campus?
- Where can I find more information about fellowships?
- Is there a database with private and public fellowship opportunities that I can consult?
- I am interested in conducting fieldwork abroad. Are there funds available to support related costs?
- I am interested in presenting a paper or poster at a conference. Are there funds available to support related costs?
- What is the Master’s Award for Academic Achievement?
- What is the Dean’s Fellowship for Distinguished Master’s Students?
JOBS & CAREER
- I am interested in finding an on-campus job at NYU while I am a student. How do I find available opportunities?
- I’m interested in sharpening my CV, cover letter or gaining new skills that will aid me in my job search.
- I am employed at NYU as a graduate student worker. Where can I find information regarding payroll calendars and schedules?
CAMPUS LIFE AND COMMUNITY
- How can I attend CLACS events?
- How can I collaborate with CLACS on an event?
- I am a grad student of color interested in connecting with other grad students of color. Who should I reach out to?
- Are there centers/spaces at NYU where I might be able to connect with graduate students specifically?
- What are some of the other centers or academic programs that I should know about?
- Are there student-run groups where I can meet students from across the university?