Welcome to the website for NYU’s MS in Quantitative Economics.
If you aspire to pursue a research career in economics, or seek research-related employment in technology or finance, check us out. This cutting-edge program is offered jointly by the Economics Departments at NYU’s Stern School of Business and the Graduate School of Faculty of Arts and Sciences. As you pass through our site, do browse the detailed FAQ, the list of affiliated faculty, and above all, the program of courses. Notice that every course has an instructor already attached to it. These are all full-time faculty, many with extraordinary reputations as researchers and teachers in economics.
- Six intensive terms of coursework over 10 months; July 2022 - May 2023
- Over twenty professors you will interact with
- Ideal "core fitness" preparation for top doctoral programs or high tech employment
- The fundamentals of microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics
- Along with mathematical and data science tools
- Leading to game theory, topics in applied microeconomics and macroeconomics, finance, industrial organization, and international economics
- Supplemented by a “capstone experience” in a chosen path toward original research