Are you interested in participating in psychological research and at the same time getting compensated for your time? If so, there are many studies being conducted year round by New York University’s Department of Psychology faculty and doctoral students that offer monetary compensation.
What to Expect
- The Department of Psychology faculty and doctoral students have diverse research interests. As a prospective participant, you will have the opportunity to participate in research studies that encompass areas such as visual perception and attention, decision-making, language acquisition, learning and memory and social cognitive processes.
- All NYU studies have formal approval from the University’s Institutional Review Board known as the University Committee on Activities Involving Human Subjects (UCAIHS).
- Most studies are in-person lab studies that take place at 6 Washington Place.
- Studies are non-invasive and many involve completing computer tasks, responding to stimuli presented and/or filling out questionnaires.
- The time commitment for each study varies. Many studies require one visit ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours, and some may be of longer duration or require multiple visits.
- Payment generally ranges from $10/hr to $20/hr.
- In addition to monetary compensation, some studies offer food and/or free merchandise.
- Each study has its own specific eligibility requirements, but ALL paid studies require prospective participants to be at least 18 years old.
Signing Up for a Paid Study
Below are paid studies currently available in the Department of Psychology or at NYU Langone Health. You may also sign-up for Department of Psychology paid studies on the NYU Paid Psychology Research Sign-Up System.