Application and Instructions
The application must accompany:
1. A 250-word proposal or description of the independent study scope.
2. An email from a faculty member to DGS that he/she agrees to supervise and lead independent study with student.
3. Faculty must clarify if independent study will be registered in his/her department under his/her name or under the Near East Department under our DGS name.
4. You must register on Albert (NEST-GA 2997) for an independent study with the Program Coordinator and decide with the DGS if you are taking the class for 1, 2, 3 or 4 credits at the beginning of the semester. You can also choose to have the independent study count as a Pass/Fail (only at the beginning of the semester/before drop/add deadline).
5. Faculty member must email DGS the grade at the end of the semester.
6. Completed form