Minor in Italian Studies
Students wishing to minor in Italian must complete four courses (16 points) beyond Intermediate Italian II or Intensive Intermediate Italian. These include two required language courses and two electives in literature and/or culture & society.
The four courses (16 points) consist of:
- Advanced Review of Modern Italian (ITAL-UA 30)
- *This course is required for all majors and minors.
- 1 additional advanced language course to be chosen from the following courses:
- Conversations in Italian (ITAL-UA 101)
- Creative Writing in Italian (ITAL-UA 103)
- Advanced Composition (ITAL-UA 105)
- Italian through Cinema (ITAL-UA 107)
- Italian through Opera (ITAL-UA 108)
- Translation (ITAL-UA 110)
- *All above courses have a prerequisite of ITAL-UA 30
- 2 courses in literature and/or culture & society to be chosen in consultation with an advisor.
Please review our Italian Minor checklist and General Course Offerings for more information about each course, including description and prerequisites.
- Internships do not count towards the minor.
- The Director of Undergraduate Studies may approve a maximum of two courses taken at another university to count towards the minor.
- Courses that fulfill the Minor in Italian Studies may not be double-counted toward a student’s major requirements.
- Italian Studies minors are encouraged to take one (1) additional Italian content course, whether in New York or at NYU in Florence.
- Italian Studies minors are strongly encouraged to study for at least one (1) semester at NYU in Florence