Arts & Science will consider adjunct teaching requests for current Arts & Science Administrators per the University’s Dual Employment Policy. All dual appointment or adjunct teaching requests are subject to the University’s conflict of interest and commitment policies and must be pre-approved by Arts & Science Human Resources prior to the start of the assignment.
We encourage all employees to review the policy thoroughly to ensure they understand the scope and parameters of the policy prior to submitting a request. Employees with specific questions and concerns may reach out to Arts & Science Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 998-8011.
1. All Arts & Science Administrators must receive pre-approval from Arts & Science Human Resources in order to hold an adjunct teaching assignment by completing the Adjunct Teaching Request Form for Administrators. If approved, the department may move forward in processing the appointment.
2. Course details, including sponsoring department name, semester, course name, dates, and schedule (days/times) must be submitted with your request.
3. A separate teaching request must be submitted for each semester and/or course you are requesting to teach.
4. As of September 1, 2022, administrators newly hired or newly transferred from another NYU unit may be eligible to hold an adjunct teaching assignment after three (3) full months of employment provided they are in good standing.
5. Clerical/Technical employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University and UCATS Local 3882 may not simultaneously hold a dual appointment as adjunct faculty.
6. Arts & Science reserves the right to amend these guidelines as needed.