**We have updated our History Requirements**
Students matriculating in Fall 2017, and current students who wish to, will follow the below requirements. Current students may choose to continue to follow our past history major requirements.
- A minimum of 36 points in history (typically 9 courses) with a grade of C or better in each course. (No pass/fail courses may count towards the Major or Minor.)
- History Workshop
- At least 5 advanced-level history courses (course # HIST-UA 100 or above).
- 1 course in each of the three geographic areas: US, European & Non-Western.
- 2 Pre-1800 courses.
- 1 Capstone Seminar.
- One course can count towards no more than 2 geographical or temporal requirements.
- Students can fulfill the geographical requirements at any course level.