- Ph.D. Stanford 1987 (Sociology);
- A.B. Harvard 1980 (Sociology and Applied Mathematics).
Professor of Sociology, Director of NYU Population Center
Social Demography; Nonmarital Fertility; Sexual and Contraceptive Behavior; Family; Poverty; Life Course; Social Change; Event History Methods
- Wu, Lawrence L. 2015. “Emerging Trends in the Family: Some Speculations on Recent Demographic Trends.” To appear in Robert Scott and Stephen Kosslyn (Eds.), Emerging Trends in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Wu, Lawrence L. 2014. “Fertility of Single and Cohabiting Women.” Forthcoming, International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edition.
- England, Paula, Lawrence L. Wu., and Emily Fitzgibbons Shafer. 2013. “Cohort Trends in Premarital First Births: What Role for Premarital Conception vs. the Retreat From Marriage.” Demography 50(6): 2075-104. Click here to read.
- England, Paula, Emily Fitzgibbons Shafer, and Lawrence L. Wu. 2012. “Premarital Conceptions, Postconception (“Shotgun”) Marriages, and Premarital First Births: Education Gradients in U.S.\ Cohorts of White and Black Women Born 1925-1959.” Demographic Research 27(6): 154-66.