Fall 2020 – ENVST-UA 100 Environmental Systems Science
The Department of Environmental Studies at New York University is searching for 3 Recitation Leaders for the following course:
A comprehensive survey of critical issues in environmental systems science, focusing on: human population; the global chemical cycles; ecosystems and biodiversity; endangered species and wildlife; nature preserves; energy flows in nature; agriculture and the environment; energy systems from fossil fuels to renewable forms; Earth’s waters; Earth’s atmosphere; carbon dioxide and global warming; urban environments; wastes; and paths to a sustainable future. This course is a gateway to the Environmental Studies major and minor, and one of its core courses. It will cover a very significant amount of demanding material, in order to prepare students for upper-level courses. This course will be challenging, and students should expect a steep learning curve. Recitation Leaders will be available to help students along the way.
• Ph.D. degree, Master’s degree, or a current Masters or Ph.D. student in environmental sciences or a relevant a natural science
• Coursework and/or experience in environmental sciences
• Attend all lectures (Monday, Wednesday; 11:00am-12:15pm)
• Lead 2 recitation sections once per week (approximately 20 students per section), recitation assignment to be determined by the program.
• Recitation times for Fall 2020 are:
ENVST-UA 100.002 / 9:30am-10:45am T
ENVST-UA 100.003 / 8:00am-9:15am T
ENVST-UA 100.004 / 2:00pm-3:15pm T
ENVST-UA 100.005 / 8:00am-9:15am W
ENVST-UA 100.006 / 3:30pm-4:45pm W
ENVST-UA 100.007 / 9:30am-10:45am R
• Hold regular office hours
Please send a current C.V., statement of interest, and preferred recitation times to email@example.com with the subject line “ENVST-UA 100 Fall 2020 Recitation Leader Application.” Review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline to submit your application is Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 5 pm, and applications will be considered until the position is filled.