Call for Recitation Leaders
Fall 2021 - ENVST-UA 100 Environmental Systems Science
The Department of Environmental Studies at New York University is searching for 3 Recitation Leaders for Environmental Systems Science.
A comprehensive survey of interconnected systems in the environmental sciences, focusing on: human population; the global chemical cycles; ecosystems and biodiversity; endangered species and wildlife; nature preserves; energy flows in nature; agriculture and the environment; energy systems from fossil fuels to renewable forms; Earth’s waters; Earth’s atmosphere; carbon dioxide and global warming; urban environments; wastes; and paths to a sustainable future. This course is a gateway to the Environmental Studies major and minor, and one of its core courses. It will cover a very significant amount of demanding material, in order to prepare students for upper-level courses. This course will be challenging, and students should expect a steep learning curve. Recitation Leaders will be available to help students along the way.
- Ph.D. degree, Master’s degree, or a current Masters or Ph.D. student in environmental sciences or a relevant a natural science
- Coursework and/or experience in environmental sciences
- Attend all lectures (Monday, Wednesday; 11:00am-12:15pm)
- Lead 2 recitation sections once per week (approximately 20 students per section; recitation assignment to be determined by the program)
- Recitation times for Fall 2021 are:
- ENVST-UA 100.002 / 9:30am-10:45am T
- ENVST-UA 100.003 / 8:00am-9:15am T
- ENVST-UA 100.004 / 2:00pm-3:15pm T
- ENVST-UA 100.005 / 8:00am-9:15am W
- ENVST-UA 100.006 / 3:30pm-4:45pm W
- ENVST-UA 100.007 / 8:00am-9:15am R
- Hold regular office hours
Please send a current C.V., statement of interest, and preferred recitation times to email@example.com with the subject line “ENVST-UA 100 Fall 2021 Recitation Leader Application.” Review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline to submit your application is Tuesday May 25, 2021 at 5 pm, and applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Call for Course Assistants
The Department of Environmental Studies at New York University is searching for Course Assistants:
Fall 2021 (details incl syllabi)
ENVST-UA 900.001 - Environmental Studies Senior Seminar w/ Prof. Carlson
ENVST-UA 323.001 - Marine Ecology and Conservation w/ Prof. Jacquet
ENVST-UA 630.001 - Animals and Public Policy w/ Prof. Wolfson
ANST-UA 400.001 - Ethics and Animals w/ Prof. Sebo
- Ph.D. degree, Master’s degree, or a current Masters, J.D., or Ph.D. student in environmental social sciences, humanities, environmental sciences, a relevant a natural science or animal studies
- Coursework and/or experience in environmental social sciences, environmental sciences, humanities or animal studies
- Grading, attending class sessions and working with students but not leading a recitation.
- Assist students with course material during office hours, and answer emails from students to ensure proper understanding of the course material
- Hold regular office hours
Please send a current C.V. and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “COURSE NUMBER_SEMESTER_Course Assistant Application.” Review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline to submit your application is Tuesday May 25, 2021 at 5 pm, and applications will be considered until the position is filled.