Job Title: Department Administrator - Environmental Studies
Posting Number: 2022-9397
Arts and Science is seeking a talented Department Administrator to join the Department of Environmental Studies. This individual will assist the Chair and Associate Chair with all departmental business operations. Oversee the management of all administrative and academic functions, appointments, academic reporting, budget management, grant administration, Facilities/space coordination, event planning, and supervision of two Staff members. The Department Administrator ensures the functional progress of all units including more than a dozen Faculty, incredibly active undergraduate programs, a Master’s program, and the Center for Environmental and Animal Protection.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Education: Degree in environmental studies or related field.
- Required Experience: 3+ years years of relevant experience. Must include experience with counseling and/or advising, special events planning and implementation, staff supervision, and budget administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills. Knowledge of standard office software (G-suite, Office).
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Familiarity with SIS/Peoplesoft and UDW+ preferred.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/nyugreen.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS Apply Here: https://uscareers-nyu.icims.com/jobs/9397/job
INTERNAL APPLICANTS Apply Here:https://nyu.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=Root&action=samlAuthnRequest&RelayState=https%3A%2F%2Finternal-nyu.icims.com%2Fr.jsp%3Fj%3D9397