Call for Recitation Leaders
Spring 2021 – ENVST-UA 101 Environment and Society
The Department of Environmental Studies at New York University is searching for 3 Recitation Leaders for the following course:
Environment and Society examines several of the major concepts that have been developed and refined over the years, decades and centuries to attempt to understand humanity’s relationship with nature and manage our impact on the environment. Many of the ideas will explore a range of environmental sub-disciplines, from environmental governance and ethics, to environmental justice and history. More specifically, the issues covered will include environmental history and concepts of nature and the environment; the rise of environmentalism; environmental skepticism; anthropogenic global change; population and consumption, ecological footprint analysis and other environmental indicators; environmental justice; public goods and collective action problems; environmental politics; environmental values; and the future of environmentalism. It will cover a very significant amount of demanding material, in order to prepare students for upper-level courses. This course will be challenging, and students should expect a steep learning curve. Recitation Leaders will be available to help students along the way.
- Ph.D. degree, Master’s degree, or a current Masters or Ph.D. student in environmental social sciences or humanities
- Coursework and/or experience in environmental social sciences or humanities
- Attend all lectures (Tuesday, Thursday; 2:00pm - 3:15pm)
- Lead 2 recitation sections once per week (approximately 20 students per section), recitation assignment to be determined by the program.
- Recitation times for Spring 2021 are:
- ENVST-UA 101.002 / 11:00am - 12:15 pm M
- ENVST-UA 101.003 / 9:30am - 10:45am M
- ENVST-UA 101.004 / 9:30am - 10:45am T
- ENVST-UA 101.005 / 11:00am - 12:15pm W
- ENVST-UA 101.006 / 9:30am - 10:45am W
- ENVST-UA 101.007 / 12:30pm - 1:45pm T
- Hold regular office hours
Please send a current C.V., statement of interest, and preferred recitation times to email@example.com with the subject line “ENVST-UA 101 Spring 2021 Recitation Leader Application.” Review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline to submit your application is Monday, November 9, 2020 at 5 pm, and applications will be considered until the position is filled.