The Ph.D. Writing Group warmly invites all Ph.D. students to a special meeting on Tuesday. We will have a causal check-in, tip share, and discussion about best writing practices.
• What writing programs have you found most helpful?
• What books have you appreciated?
• What kind of schedules have made the writing process better?
• What have you found to be the best writing practices?
• How do you approach the revision process?
• How do you deal with conflicting committee feedback?
• What have you accomplished lately that you’d like to share with us?
• What are you aiming to accomplish?
• How do you overcome writer’s block?
• What are your goals for the rest of this semester and year?
• How have you been coping with writing during the pandemic?
This meeting is to share recommendations, but also discuss what obstacles you may or may not be trying to overcome. We welcome writers at every stage of the Ph.D. program and are always happy to see drop-in members. We’ll also briefly chat about the group's plans for next semester.