Thank you for agreeing to present your research at New York University. Depending on where you are in the process, we hope you are either looking forward to visiting NYU or are looking back on an enjoyable visit.
IMPORTANT: On the day you arrive at the department, please be prepared to present the NYU Campus Safety Officer's with a government issued photo ID.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOUR TRAVEL:
. NYU Covid Guidelines
. NYU Visitors and Vendors Policy (includes campus map, parking information, etc.)
TRAVEL GUIDELINES - PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TRAVEL:
Please observe the following policies in order to ensure that your reimbursement can be processed expediently:
· Please purchase economy class airfare at least 21 days in advance of travel. Only economy airfare can be reimbursed. Exceptions are rare and require prior approval.
· Please save flight itineraries, boarding passes (screenshots are fine), and a detailed receipt showing method of payment for your flight (i.e. last four digits of a credit card).
· Note that NYU is UNABLE to reimburse the following expenses: seat upgrade fees, additional baggage fees, refreshments/food, travel insurance, and incidental expenses.
. For those of you who choose to travel by Amtrak, using Acela Business Class requires prior approval from the department chair before travel occurs. Requests for this must be sent to: email@example.com
· All hotel reservations are usually made by Department staff. As such, NYU will not reimburse hotel reservations made by guests, except in rare cases when prior approval arrangements are made.
· For other, non-airline forms of travel, please book the most economical option available.
· NYU is UNABLE to reimburse tips that exceed 20% of the pre-tax base cost.
· Please direct any questions regarding reimbursement eligibility to:
ALL guests requesting travel reimbursement must register in i-Buy, NYU’s payments system. We highly recommend registering in i-Buy before beginning your travel.
Reimbursement must be requested no later than 30 days after completing your travel.
NYU only issues international reimbursements by wire transfer.
At this time, NYU is unable to provide electronic payments to domestically domiciled guests—physical checks are the only available method of payment.
1. To initiate the registration process in i-Buy, please send the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Your name as it would appear on a legal document such as your passport
o Your email address
o Your phone number
o Your permanent address (required for both domestic and international reimbursements)
2. Individuals residing outside of the USA will be required to submit wire transfer details on official bank letterhead. NYU does not accept them on non-bank letterhead.
3. Once this information is received and processed by NYU, you should receive an e-mail invite to register as a supplier in i-Buy within 5-7 business days. The invite is sent from a “email@example.com” e-mail address. Please check all email folders, as this email may end up in your spam folder.
4. Once you receive your invite, please follow the registration directions in the email. You will be asked to provide personal information (residential address, citizenship, etc.).
5. Please submit your request as a SINGLE email containing all relevant detailed receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipts must show details of the method of payment (i.e. last four digits of a credit card) OR be a detailed receipt not showing the details of the method of payment and be accompanied by a card statement showing the charge. Cell phone screenshots of payments are not accepted. Please include a document listing which seminar or activity you participated in while you were at NYU, as well as a listing of the receipts/expenses being submitted for reimbursement.
When assembling your receipts for submission, we ask that you submit the request as ONE email with all receipts presented as a PDF attachment. Multiple forwarded e-mails are not accepted.
If you prefer to mail physical receipts, please send receipts to:
CV Starr Center for Applied Economics
New York University
19 W. 4th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10012
We recommend that you keep a copy of the receipts you mail for your reference.
Any questions should be directed to: email@example.com