REGARDING IN-PERSON CLASSES
THE BELOW POLICIES ARE MANDATORY READING. PLEASE REVIEW EVERYTHING THOROUGHLY BEFORE REGISTERING FOR OUR PROGRAMMING.
1. Payment and registration (note: these are now TWO SEPERATE PROCESSES) will have to be completed by August 22 for in-person classes (NO EXCEPTIONS). Payments will continue to be made via the USTORE, but registration will be made via a link that will be provided below (next to the UStore link). YOU MUST FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION LINK IN ORDER TO ACCESS DEUTSCHES HAUS AT NYU OR ANY OF ITS COURSES (BOTH REMOTE OR IN-PERSON). Should the USTORE be ready before the link is available, you may pay for the course, and once the registration link is ready, an email will be sent to you with the registration link.
2. Once registered, in-person students will then be prompted to submit their vaccination record (two vaccine doses and a booster are required - all must be acquired 14 days before the start of our programming). Students will further be asked to fill out a few forms and prompted to set up their NYU net ID and submit a photo for an NYU ID card (the latter is only required by in-person students), which will grant them access into our building.
3. A daily screener (provided after acceptance into the database), will have to be filled out every class day BEFORE entering Deutsches Haus at NYU. Someone will be checking for these screeners at the front desk. The daily screener will require proof of vaccination to grant access. Unvaccinated students will be required to provide a PCR test result that is less than 72 hours from the class date. HOWEVER, PCR tests can take up to 5 processing days within the screener, so entrance may not be guaranteed. If the student is not vaccinated, we highly recommend they select our remote programming instead.
4. Masks are mandated.
5. Non-students, inclusive parents/guardians/companions are no longer allowed to enter or wait inside Deutsches Haus at NYU for someone's class to end.
6. Deutsches Haus at NYU reserves the right to return any slated in-person class back to remote. A return to remote is NOT grounds for reimbursement, refund, or credit.
7. Any failure to comply with the above guidelines will disqualify the student from receiveing any reimbursement or credit and will bar the registered student from entering their class.
Students may request in writing to be switched into a different class until the Monday that starts the second week of their term (provided space is available in that class). No class changes will be granted after this deadline.
Students are allowed a maximum of two make-up classes outside of any built-in make-up classes for university or federal holidays.*
These two make-up classes (due to personal, individual absences) consist of sitting in on a class of the same level throughout the week of the missed class (if you know you're going to miss a Saturday class, please pick a day before that Saturday so that you're still attending a class within that given week).** These classes must be in the same week so that you may sit in on the lesson plan you would otherwise miss. If we do not have a parallel class running at the same level that specific term, then we cannot provide a make-up option.
*In case of emergencies and other unforeseen circumstances that would warrant missing more than two classes, please contact Tanja Schmitz.
**Given that sickness cannot be foreseen, Saturday students are allowed to make up in the following week.
RESCHEDULING AND EXTERNAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
Teachers reserve the right to reschedule certain class sessions in the case of emergency or provided that the majority of the class can agree upon a make-up date. Teachers will also dictate make-up class dates in the case of storms or other class cancellations.
Please read our complete Schedule Flexibility clause at the end of every Term Dates and Schedules page. Please scroll all the way to the bottom to find the section.
COURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND
If we do not receive a written cancellation or refund request by the cancellation/refund deadline, the entire amount becomes non-refundable with few exceptions at the sole discretion of Deutsches Haus at NYU. We cannot prorate classes or transfer unused class time to another semester. We may credit a payment to a future term in exceptional circumstances. Under no circumstances can we refund a payment after six months of it being made.
*Cancellation by Students
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $80. Refunds will include tuition minus the non-refundable $80 registration fee. Refunds will be issued to all students who cancel in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the date indicated on the registration confirmation email sent to you.
*Cancellation by Deutsches Haus
All courses require a minimum of 5 enrolled students and are subject to cancellation otherwise. In the event that Deutsches Haus cancels a course, all students will be notified before the first day of classes and given the option to switch to a different course, provided space is available. If we are unable to place you in an alternate course, all payments will be refunded in full.
CONDUCT IN CLASSES
Students enrolled in courses are expected to demonstrate appropriate professional and personal behavior in the classroom, on campus, on-site visits, and off-site visits. They are expected to practice civility and respect in their interactions with others in their courses, inclusive of instructors; to abide by the principles of academic integrity; and to refrain from conducting themselves in ways that compromise the reputation, academic processes, or regular operations of Deutsches Haus and New York University.
Deutsches Haus at NYU reserves the right to refuse enrollment and to demand withdrawal from a course from any student who engages in conduct deemed by Deutsches Haus at NYU, in its sole discretion, as interfering with the learning experience or safety of any person in the community.
Students are not permitted to take an audio or video recording of language classes of Deutsches Haus at NYU.
While in Zoom sessions, please mute your mic while others are talking and use the raise hand function if need be.