Bilingual classes (all age groups)
These classes will allow children who speak German at home to further their language acquisition. Depending on the age group, children will focus on reading and writing, grammar, and expanding vocabulary. For the current class schedule and more info, click here.
All our classes are for bilingual children and are held in German. If you are not certain which class is best for your child or have other class-related questions, please contact Uta Habbig.
If you have administrative questions, please contact Tanja Schmitz.
Class Schedule 2022-2023
THE BELOW POLICIES ARE MANDATORY READING. PLEASE REVIEW EVERYTHING THOROUGHLY BEFORE REGISTERING YOUR CHILD FOR OUR PROGRAMMING.
Instruction will be contingent on NYU's, New York State's, and federal health regulations and policies that may impact the way the term can operate.
For those seeking in-person classes, be aware of the follwing policies and regulations:
1. Payment and registration (note: these are now TWO SEPERATE PROCESSES) will have to be completed by August 22 for in-person classes (NO EXCEPTIONS). Payments will continue to be made via the USTORE, but registration will be made via a link that will be provided below (next to the UStore link). YOU MUST FILL OUT THE REGISTRATION LINK IN ORDER TO ACCESS DEUTSCHES HAUS AT NYU OR ANY OF ITS COURSES (BOTH REMOTE OR IN-PERSON). Should the USTORE be ready before the link is available, you may pay for the course, and once the registration link is ready, an email will be sent to you with the registration link.
2. Once registered, in-person students will then be prompted to submit their vaccination record (two vaccine doses and a booster are required - all must be acquired 14 days before the start of our programming). Students will further be asked to fill out a few forms and prompted to set up their NYU net ID and submit a photo for an NYU ID card (the latter is only required by in-person students), which will grant them access into our building.
3. A daily screener (provided after acceptance into the database), will have to be filled out every class day BEFORE entering Deutsches Haus at NYU for class. Someone will be checking for these screeners at the front desk. The daily screener will require proof of vaccination to grant access. Unvaccinated students will be required to provide a PCR test result that is less than 72 hours from the class date. HOWEVER, PCR tests can take up to 5 processing days within the screener, so entrance may not be guaranteed. If your child is not vaccinated, we highly recommend you select our remote programming instead.
4. Release forms will have to be signed by every single parent/guardian and submitted before the first day of class (NO EXCEPTIONS - this includes those attending remote classes). Your child will be barred from class and no refund will be offered should these not be signed and submitted by the parent/gaurdian on time. These forms will be sent out once a class meets the minimum number of registrants.
5. Masks are mandated.
6. Parents and guardians are no longer allowed to enter or wait inside Deutsches Haus at NYU for their child's class to end.
7. Deutsches Haus at NYU reserves the right to return any slated in-person class back to remote should less than five students meet the above requirements per class OR should an assistant not be present to sit in on the class with our instructor. A return to remote is NOT grounds for reimbursement, refund, or credit.
8. Any failure to comply with the above guidelines will disqualify the payee of the class from receiveing any reimbursement or credit and will bar the registered child from entering their class.
Should you have any questions about these guidelines and policies, please reach out to Christian Mendonca (email@example.com).