This workshop is geared toward students who are either considering a PhD or those who are already in the early stages of the application process. It will address the following:
· How do I know if a PhD is right for me?
· Setting realistic expectations for the PhD process and future career trajectories.
· Choosing departments and universities that will be a good fit.
· What to expect in terms of working on PhD applications.
· Using XE as a resource for making decisions about a PhD and a career in academia.
This is the first installment in a three-part series of workshops designed to assist XE students who are contemplating doctoral study. The first workshop breaks down the application process, the second features XE alums describing their experiences as PhD students, and the third helps students craft their statements of purpose.
All workshops will be run by Sonia Werner, Clinical Assistant Professor at XE.
Participation is open to current XE students.
RSVP in advance is required to attend.