This workshop is part of the three-part series Applying for Doctoral Study: An XE Workshop Series in Fall 2020, designed to assist students contemplating doctoral study. The first workshop breaks down the application process, the second addresses what life is like as a current PhD student, and the third helps students craft their application materials.
All workshops will be run by Lori Cole, Clinical Associate Professor and Associate Director of XE, and held virtually with links sent to participants who RSVP to email@example.com.
PhD Application Workshop
This workshop is geared toward students who are either considering a PhD or those who are already in the early stages of the application process. It will address the following:
· How do I know if a PhD is right for me?
· Setting realistic expectations for the PhD process and future career trajectories.
· Choosing departments and universities that will be a good fit.
· What to expect in terms of working on PhD applications.
· Using XE as a resource for making decisions about a PhD and a career in academia.