- Fall 2022 Physics Work Schedules (NYU sign in required, access for Physics department only)
- Weekly "nyuguest" wireless password (Internal access only)
- NYU IT: Wireless Configuration
For wired connection, please contact Physics IT.
- NYU IT: VPN
Please install and sign in to NYU VPN to access internal pages.
- NYU IT: Getting Started
- NYU IT: Email
- NYU IT: Document Collaboration and Sharing
- Computing Facilities (Internal access only)
- General Administration (Internal access only)
Answers to common problems in the physics department offices.
- Traveling for Business - the Fly America Act and NYU's Policy
- Tips and Tricks
- Libre Office
- MacTeX - Latex for Mac
- TeX Live - Latex
- GhostScript and GhostView
- Xemacs editor
- gimp - GNU Image Manipulation Program
- Photopea - Online Image Editor
- Inkscape - Vector graphics software
- FreeCAD - 3D modeling software
- Blender - Open source 3D graphics
- Cygwin - Linux environment and X server on Windows
- Atom - Coding environment
- List of various softwares on wikipedia
- For other NYU provided softwares such as MATLAB, please visit NYU IT Software or click on "Ask NYU IT" on the top right corner after logging on to home.nyu.edu. IT also has SSH and SFTP softwares.
- For antivirus software, please log into NYUHome and search for the "Antivirus and Malware Protection" card.
- For Physics Department computation softwares, please visit Physics Department Softwares page.
- NYU library databases
- NYU free e-book databases
- e-Print archive at Los Alamos National Laboratory (now hosted by Cornell University)
- INSPIRE, the High Energy Physics information system.
- The Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Mathematical Physics Preprint Archive (mp_arc)
- Google Scholar
You should be able to access these databases even off campus from library.nyu.edu. If you are having trouble, follow instructions here for vpn setting.