Emerging Scholars Symposia
To renew our commitment to expanding the diversity and inclusivity of our faculty searches, Arts & Science is pleased to announce an opportunity to showcase talented emerging and early career scholars featuring new work, new voices and new perspectives. The Emerging Scholars Program aims to assist in building a vibrant, diverse and inclusive community of scholars and educators by bringing a small number of excellent early career scholars to NYU to present their research.
Funded Emerging Scholars Programs
Emerging scholars programs from humanities to sciences have brought new scholarship and diverse perspectives to Arts & Science departments at NYU. These programs include three to five visiting scholars and have taken a variety of forms including in-person seminar series, virtual events, and networking events.
- Department of English (2022) Native American/Indigenous Studies Series
- Center for Neural Science (2022) CoNNExINS Symposium
- Department of Physics (2019) New Work, New Voices and New Perspectives in Physics Series
- Department of Psychology (2020) Emerging Scholars Series and E-Workshops, Social Psychology
- Department of Spanish & Portuguese (2022) Charting the Portuguese Black Atlantic
Departments interested in proposing to host a symposium should contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details about the program.