In most cases, goods and services should be obtained from an NYU preferred vendor and, where possible, via the University’s iBuy system.
>> go to list of NYU’s preferred vendors
To purchase an item though the iBuy system, contact the appropriate person in the department:
Ulises Fernandez, Lab Coordinator
- Teaching and laboratory supplies
- Computers and other related equipment (e.g., tablets)
- Office furniture and equipment
Cheryl Furjanic, Media Technician
- Audio/visual equipment and repairs
Meryl Williams, Departmental Administrative Aide
- Local hotel bookings (for departmental visitors)
Hannah Taboada, CSHO Program Administrator / Lab Manager
- Teaching, research, lab and office supplies for CSHO faculty
- Local hotel bookings (for CSHO visitors)
Alternatively, one-time vendors may invoice the department. (Please note that this means they will not be paid immediately.)
In such cases, forward the invoice to the Department Administrator and she or he will request the payment from Accounts Payable. The vendor will also need to complete a W9 tax form.
In some circumstances, faculty may purchase items and catering and be reimbursed. The total purchase must be under $1000 – purchases over this amount will NOT be reimbursed and so must be made using one of the methods described above.
>> go to How to Submit a Claim for Reimbursement
FOR ALL PURCHASES, please note the following:
- All computer an other related equipment (e.g., tablets and iPhones) purchases must be pre-approved by FAS Computing (see Uli to obtain approval)
- All purchases made at the NYU Book and Computer Stores must be made through iBuy or with a pre-paid card (see Uli to obtain a card using your faculty research account)
- Faculty should not make out-of-pocket purchases for students or researchers. Purchases for students and researchers, including travel (air and rail), should be made using the established University mechanisms (e.g., our travel agent) or the student or researcher may purchase their own goods or travel and be reimbursed.