Follow these steps to upload asset(s).
- Click on Assets and then Files in the AEM Portal page.
- Navigate to the location you want to upload the asset(s).
- Click Create in the Action bar on the upper right, and then in the dropdown menu, click on Files.
- In the Open Dialog box, select the asset(s) you want to upload
- In the Upload Dialog box, click Upload.
- Once the file is uploaded and ready, make sure you publish it.
Note: DO NOT change the file extension in the Upload Dialog box. Without the file extension, the system might not be able to recognize the file and might return unexpected results when you try to insert it into the component. If you want to have a "meaningful" name for the specific asset, you should change the Metadata Title instead.