Follow these steps to replace asset(s).
- Click Assets
- Navigate to the location of the asset(s) that you want to replace.
- Click Upload Assets in the Action bar
- In the Open Dialog box, select the asset(s) you want to use to replace the one in the DAM.
NOTE: In order to successfully replace the asset(s), the new asset(s) must have the same file name as the one already in the DAM. With a different file name, AEM will assume you're just uploading new asset(s).
NOTE 2: If you mistakenly upload an asset as a new asset instead of replacing an existing one, DO NOT delete the old one; by doing so you will also destroy all the reference links on the page(s) that is using the original asset.
- In the Upload Dialog box, click Upload
- In the Name Conflict box, click Replace