Before You Begin
Before you create a new faculty profile for a faculty member, please double-check the central faculty directory, and make sure the faculty profile you're about to create is NOT in the directory already.
If you found a duplicate faculty profile, please contact A&S Communications (email@example.com).
About Faculty Assets
All faculty-related assets (eg. photo, CV, book cover, research paper, etc.) should be uploaded to the faculty directory (/content/dam/nyu-as/faculty) in the Digital Asset Management (DAM). User should upload any faculty-related asset(s) prior to the profile creation. Faculty photo should follow Lastname-Firstname.jpg (eg. Doe-John.jpg) naming format while non-photo-related faculty asset(s) should follow Lastname-Firstname-Asset-Name.jpg (eg. Doe-John-CV.pdf, Doe-John-Book-Name.jpg, Doe-John-Paper-Name.jpg) format.
To learn more about the Profile Page template, please click here.
Step by Step Guide
To create a new faculty profile, please follow these steps.
- Navigate to the faculty directory. In the Sites section, using the Card View, click on NYU Arts & Science > Arts and Science > Faculty
- Create a new page and select Profile Page as the template during the page creation process.
- Hide the page from the main navigation:
- Click on the Page Information icon (upper left corner)
- Click on Open Properties
- In the Page Information panel, select Basic tab
- Under Title and Tags section, check Hide in Navigation.
- Configure components as needed:
- Faculty Bio Image component for faculty photo
Note: faculty photo should be uploaded to the DAM's faculty directory (/content/dam/nyu-as/faculty/images/profilePhotos) in Lastname-Firstname.jpg format.
Note 2: If you do not have the faculty's photo yet, you can use a generic faculty placeholder image. The placeholder image (profile-image-placeholder.png) is located here: /content/dam/nyu-as/faculty/images/profilePhotos
- Faculty Bio component for faculty information such as title, primary appointment, contact information and/or office hours
Note: Faculty Bio component will also auto-populate the faculty name and title onto the page.
Note #2: Faculty CV should be uploaded to the DAM's faculty directory (/content/dam/nyu-as/faculty/documents/cvs) in Lastname-Firstname-CV.pdf format.
- Generic Content component for faculty bio, academic research, education and/or external affiliation information.
Note: user can insert multiple Generic Content components to sectionalize various faculty information.
- Bio Two Column component for any fellowships or awards information.
- Publication List component for any publications.
Note: faculty book cover should be uploaded to the DAM's faculty directory (/content/dam/nyu-as/faculty/documents/bookCovers) in Lastname-Firstname-Book-Name.jpg format. Faculty publication file should be uploaded to the DAM's faculty directory (/content/dam/nyu-as/faculty/documents/articles) in Lastname-Firstname-Article-Name.pdf format.
- Gallery component for faculty research information and/or video interview.