If you're simply updating the asset with the same file name, you can follow the instruction here to learn more about how to update/replace an asset in just a few steps. The following instruction is about how to update the asset (for example, from last year PDF to this year PDF with a different file name), and update the link to the asset as well.
- Upload new asset(s) to the department asset folder. (fig. 1)
- Publish the new asset(s).
- Navigate to the directory that contains the page.
- Open the page into Edit mode.
- Edit the component.
- Once the page is loaded into Edit mode, double-click on the component, or single click on it, and then click on the Pencil icon to edit the text.
- To expand the text editor window, you can click on the Maximize icon to switch to the full-screen Rich Text Editor.
- Relink to the new asset that you just uploaded.
- Highlight the text you want to be the link
- Click on Hyperlink icon (Chain) on the Edit bar.
- Click on the Path Picker icon right next to the Path fields.
Note: Please make sure you use the Path Picker to select the asset you want to link to. The Path Picker will allow the system to save the link reference information at the back end and can automatically update the page URL when the linked asset is moved to other location.
- Navigate within the Asset folder and then select the asset you want to link to.
- Type in an alternative text in the Alt Text field.
- You can specify where to open the link by using the Target option. We recommend opening the internal link within the same window by selecting Same Tab.
- Click Done button (checkmark) to save your progress.
- Publish the page when you are ready to go live.