Once you installed the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client (VPN software), connect to the service is only a few simple steps. Below is the instruction for connecting to the VPN service on a Mac or a Windows machine:
- Start the VPN software.
- Use vpn.nyu.edu to connect to the NYU VPN service. (Figure 1)
- Type in your NetID, Password, and the "keyword" to use with the corresponding NYU MFA in the 2nd password field. (Figure 2)
- To use the Duo Mobile app, type the word push in the “Second Password” field.
- To get a batch of SMS passcodes sent to your primary mobile phone, type the word sms in the "Second Password" field. You’ll receive a “Login Failed’ message, after which you should re-enter your NetID and password, then enter any of the seven-digit SMS codes from your mobile device in the “Second Password” field.
- To authenticate via phone call (only use as a last resort; the Duo App or passcodes are preferred), type the word phone1 in the "Second Password" field (or phone2, etc., depending on how you set up MFA on the NYU Start page). You will receive a call to the telephone number you provided for that option when enrolling in MFA.
- Click OK to connect.
- Confirm your NYU MFA.
- Wait for the service agreement screen, click Accept to continue. (Figure 3)
- Access AEM via this link: https://ursa.cms.nyu.edu/sites.html
For connecting to NYU VPN service from a smart devices (smart phone, tablet, etc.), please read the detail instructions in the above section.
Please note that A&S AEM is not meant to be used on smaller screen touch enable smart devices. We recommend you access A&S AEM with a desktop version Chrome browser.
If you have any connection issues with the NYU VPN service, please reach out the NYU IT helpdesk via AskIT@nyu.edu.