To set up a link to the faculty profile
Before you begin, you will need to know the faculty profile path that you want to link to. To obtain that, you can simply navigate to the A&S faculty directory and open/edit the faculty profile that you want to link to. In the browser URL address field, copy the last portion of the URL:
With that piece of information, you can now add a link to the faculty profile that will be displayed in your academic unit layout:
- Highlight the text you want to be the link.
- Click on Hyperlink icon (Chain) on the Edit bar
- In the Path field, copy and paste the following internal path to the academic unit plus the faculty profile path. For example:
- For Department: /content/nyu-as/as/departments/YOUR-ACADEMIC-UNIT/people.sample-faculty-profile.html
- For Center, International Houses, or Research Center: /content/nyu-as/as/research-centers/YOUR_ACADEMIC-UNIT/people.sample-faculty-profile.html
If you're not sure which path you should, please contact us and we will be able to provide you with the correct path to use.