INDIGENOUS PEOPLES' DAY
Indigenous Fire: Wildfires, Cultural Burning, and the Preservation of Community
Date: Monday, October 10
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 PM (NYC time)
- Zoom registration link (register by Friday, October 7): https://bit.ly/3xTuri8
- Please register, as we will send you the Zoom link on Sunday, October 9 in the afternoon.
- Nardy Velasco Cichar, Bolivia
- Don L. Hankins, CSU Chico
- Rachael Cavangh, Firesticks Alliance Indigenous Corporation, Australia
Co-sponsors: Columbia University Seminars, NYU Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies; Barnard College Archaeology; Barnard College Sustainability; Center for the Study of Ethnicity and Race, Columbia University; Indigenous Peoples' Rights Program, ISHR, Columbia University; Columbia Climate School & Department of Art History, Barnard College.
Live interpretation will be available in Spanish/English.
Columbia University encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. The University Seminars participants with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access may contact the Office of Disability Services at 212.854.2388 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Disability accommodations, including sign-language interpreters, are available on request. Requests for accommodations must be made two weeks in advance. On campus, seminar participants with disabilities should alert a Public Safety Officer if they need assistance accessing campus.