We encourage you to be an active supporter of NYU's Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies. Just as there are an abundance of reasons to give, there are also a variety of ways to do so. Thank you in advance for your interest in promoting greater visibility and understanding of region-related issues.
Make an online contribution
Why You Should Support CLACS
- To increase public knowledge about Latin American and Caribbean-related issues in New York City and beyond
Each academic year, we host over 100 free, public events, making top research more accessible and connecting CLACS to the local community. We are currently developing podcasts and online resources to expand our reach well beyond the limits of NYC area. Your support will enable the continuation of colloquium series, film screenings, lectures, Quechua conversation nights, presentations on recent research, annual newsletter publication, extensive web resource development, K-12 outreach programs, and much more.
- To advance research in and about the region
Each summer, graduate students and affiliated faculty apply to CLACS for research grants which support trips to the field. By giving to CLACS, you can help more scholars pursue their research interests abroad, and to advance their academic and professional careers.
- To support our prestigious MA programs, which have helped to shape the futures of hundreds of graduates
With multiple joint degree programs and access to university-wide classes, we offer our students the option to create an interdisciplinary degree that fits their specific interests, welcoming students from around the world to realize their intellectual and creative potential. You might consider endowing an innovative course, endowing a named annual lecture, funding a visiting professorship for scholars from the region, or sponsoring fellowships for students who show exceptional promise.
- To enrich your own understanding of the region through a stronger relationship with the Center
How You Can Give
- Offer your financial support by making an online contribution. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-998-8686 if you would like to discuss your gift.
- Gain professional experience and increased knowledge of Latin America and the Caribbean region by becoming a CLACS intern or volunteer. Contact email@example.com
- Inquire about ways to collaborate with CLACS students, faculty and staff. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Can Give
Whether you are an alumni of CLACS, a close follower of ours, or new to the Center, we welcome your support. Help CLACS continue to disseminate knowledge of Latin American and the Caribbean, promoting exchange, cooperation, and understanding. Any size gift would greatly impact the reach of our programs.
Corporate Sponsorship Program
CLACS values partnerships with corporations and institutions across sectors. If you would like more information about how to become a Corporate Sponsor, please contact email@example.com.