Please note: CEMS is only accepting applications for spring and Summer 2022 (January - august 2022)
CEMS Visiting Scholars Program
CEMS accepts visiting scholar applications from academics who meet NYU criteria and take part in the intellectual life of the department.
Applications will open for spring and summer 2022 on August 15, 2021.
Renewals: Most visiting scholars are at NYU for one year or less, and in no case can anyone be a visiting scholar for more than two years. Visiting scholars must re-apply if they wish to extend their appointment and decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Please Note - Housing and Office Space: CEMS does not provide housing or an office space for visiting scholars. Visiting scholars cannot be employed by NYU during their appointment, whether at CEMS or another department at NYU.
To apply, submit:
1. Complete the Visiting Scholar Applicant Certification form (download form here)
2. Cover letter. Please include a description of your research project and how your visiting scholar appointment will contribute to the acacemic life of the Center for European and Mediterranean Studies at NYU.
3. Current CV
4. First time applicants should include one letter of recommendation
5. Please provide a short (one paragraph) bio, with research interests
6. If your application is a renewal, please provide you NetId and your N number (located on the back of your NYU ID card, above the bar code)
NYU Requirements for Visiting Scholars:
1. A minimum of a PhD degree
2. Residency in New York City for the duration of the program
3. Show proof of financial support—a minimum of $2,000 a month (e.g., bank statement and/or award letter)
4. Maintain health insurance that meets minimal federal requirements for the duration of the appointment
5. Not be employed by NYU
You can submit your application by email: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions from Prospective Visiting Scholars.