CEMS is accepting applications for Summer and Fall 2022 (new applicants only)
CEMS Visiting Scholars Program
CEMS accepts visiting scholar applications from academics who meet NYU criteria and take part in the intellectual life of the department. Details on the definition, privelages, resposobilites and other details concerning visiting scholars can be found the NYU Faculty of Arts and Science website. **
**At this time, we are only accepting applications from scholars who never served previously as a visiting scholar with CEMS.
Applications are open for summer 2022 (May 15 - August 15, 2022) and Fall 2022 (September 1 - December 22, 2022).
NYU Returns Policies for Affiliates: As an affiliate, visiting scholar applicants must abide by NYU's health and wellness policies for affiliates before receiving full approval of visiting scholar privelages, including building access.
Renewals for current visiting scholars (i.e., with an active visiting scholar contract): Most visiting scholars are at NYU for one year or less, and in no case can anyone be a visiting scholar for more than two years. Visiting scholars must re-apply if they wish to extend their appointment and decisions will be made on a case by case basis.
Please Note - Housing and Office Space: CEMS does not provide housing or an office space for visiting scholars. Visiting scholars cannot be employed by NYU during their appointment, whether at CEMS or another department at NYU.
To apply, submit:
1. Complete the Visiting Scholar Applicant Certification form (download form here)
2. Cover letter. Please include a description of your research project and how your visiting scholar appointment will contribute to the acacemic life of the Center for European and Mediterranean Studies at NYU.
3. Current CV
4. First time applicants should include one letter of recommendation
5. Please provide a short (one paragraph) bio, with research interests
6. If your application is a renewal, please provide you NetId and your N number (located on the back of your NYU ID card, above the bar code)
NYU Requirements for Visiting Scholars:
1. A minimum of a PhD degree
2. Residency in New York City for the duration of the program
3. Show proof of financial support—a minimum of $2,000 a month (e.g., bank statement and/or award letter)
4. Maintain health insurance that meets minimal federal requirements for the duration of the appointment
5. Not be employed by NYU
You can submit your application by email: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions from Prospective Visiting Scholars.