Applying to SURP is a multi-step process:
- For this application you will need:
- A personal statement
- Your CV/Resume
- Your unofficial school transcript
- The contact information of at least two professors or employers that know you well and are willing to write a reference letter on your behalf. Please be sure to contact them with plenty of time.
- Please use the online application form to begin your application. Please note that after completing this form, you will receive instructions for creating a secure account to continue your application and submit all application requirements.
- A few days after submitting your application, you will receive a separate email with your NYU credentials and instructions on how to access your Applicant portal, where you’ll be able to check on the status of your application. Please note that you will also receive automated reminders for missing documentation via the email you provided when you created your application.
- All application materials will be reviewed and admission decisions will be posted by mid-March to your Applicant Portal. You will receive an email notification when decisions are available.
- All required documents (transcript, personal statement, resume/CV) must be submitted before the deadline.
- Letters of recommendation can be submitted up to one week after the deadline.
- Please do not contact the department regarding the status of your application.