10 week program: June 3 - August 9, 2019
Come join us for an exciting summer research program in Greenwich Village, the best neighborhood in the world's most influential city!
New York University’s Department of Biology and Center for Genomics and Systems Biology offer a summer program for undergraduates with career interests in biological research. This 10-week program places students in laboratories of NYU faculty.
Research areas include:
- Genomics & Systems Biology
- Developmental Genetics
- Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Evolution, Ecology & Environmental Biology
- Computational Biology
- Infectious Diseases & the Microbiome
Program highlights include:
- Fully mentored research project
- Boot camps in experimental or computational research
- Training in experimental design, data analysis, and communication of results
- Workshops on writing abstracts and statements of purpose
The primary goals of this program are to introduce our research and training programs to non-NYU students, and to diversify the scientific workforce in the field of biology. Students are provided with housing, stipend, and a meal plan. Support is provided by the Biology Department, the Center for Genomics & Systems Biology, NYU’s Dean for Science, and NYU’s Office for Diversity Initiatives.