The Arts and Science Excellence Award is designed to recognize the outstanding contributions of the administrative, clerical and technical staff within Arts and Science.
Full and part-time professional, administrative, clerical, and technical employees with at least one year of service, as of March 31, 2019. Nominations may be submitted by students, faculty, and staff university-wide.
- A total of four (4) one-time $2000 awards will be granted each Spring
- Two administrators and two clerical/technical employees will be honored.
Selection criteria will include a review of the nominees' accomplishments with particular emphasis on the following criteria:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making – Making decisions and solving problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk. Looking ahead and anticipating problems.
- Customer Focus – Providing an excellent level of service to both internal and external customers, identifying and responding to current and future client needs.
- Planning & Organizing – Defining tasks and milestones to achieve objectives, and ensuring the optimal use of resources to meet those objectives. Multitasking, managing multiple priorities, being proactive.
- Teamwork – Building and maintaining effective working relationships across departments, collaborating with others to achieve common goals, listening and communicating in a way that respects and supports others.
- Adaptability & Learning – Adjusting behavior to work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations, and/or different environments; absorbing new information, seeking out and applying learning opportunities to improve effectiveness.
TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION:
Nominations are no longer being accepted for the 2018-2019 Arts and Science Excellence Award.
If you have questions, please contact Arts and Science Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 88011.