To declare a major in Psychology, students must earn a grade of C or better in both Introduction to Psychology (PSYCH-UA 1) and Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences (PSYCH-UA 10).
To declare the major, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (include your N Number), call (212) 998-7920 or stop by the Academic Affairs Office at 6 Washington Place (Meyer Building), Room 423.
Ten 4-point courses (40 points total) are required to complete the major:
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYCH-UA 1)
- Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences (PSYCH-UA 10)
- Advanced Psychological Statistics (PSYCH-UA 11)
- Two (2) courses from Core A (psychology as a natural science)
- Two (2) courses from Core B (psychology as a social science)
- One (1) laboratory course from Core C
- Two (2) advanced electives
Note: Developmental Psychology (PSYCH-UA 34) can be selected by a student to count as either a Core A or Core B requirement (but not both).