I am currently redeveloping this webpage, but you can find links to some of my past and more recent research below. I will be adding more in the time to come.
· Learning from Debate: Institutions and Information. (with Catherine Hafer and Dimitri Landa)
Political Science Research and Methods 3(3):449-472 (2015)
· Institutional Sources of Legitimate Authority. (with Sanford Gordon and Gregory Huber)
American Journal of Political Science 59(1):109-127 (2015)
· Political Value. (with John Jost, Elvira Basevich, and Sharareh Noorbaloochi)
Handbook of Value, Oxford University Press (2015)
· Economics vs Psychology Experiments
Handbook of Experimental Political Science, Cambridge University Press (2011)
· "We Don't Talk to Terrorists": On the Rhetoric and Practice of Secret Negotiations. (with Julie Browne)
Journal of Conflict Resolution 54(3):379-407 (2010)
· Social Identity, Electoral Institutions, and the Number of Candidates. (with Kenneth Scheve)
British Journal of Political Science 40(2):349-375 (2010)
· Enforcement and Compliance in an Uncertain World: An Experimental Investigation. (with Sanford Gordon and Gregory Huber)
Journal of Politics 71(4):1357-1378 (2009)
· Do Participants and Observers Assess Intentions Differently During Bargaining and Conflict? An Experiment.
American Journal of Political Science 53(4):910-930 (2009)
· Expected Utility Violations Evolve Under Status-Based Selection Mechanisms.
Journal of Theoretical Biology 254(3):650-654 (2008)
· Cognition and Strategy: A Deliberation Experiment. (with Catherine Hafer and Dimitri Landa)
Journal of Politics 70(4):974-989 (2008)
· The Propaganda of the Deed: Terrorism, Counterterrorism, and Mobilization. (with Ethan Bueno de Mesquita)
American Journal of Political Science 51(2):364-381 (2007)
· Rational Choice Epistemology and Belief Formation in Mass Politics.
Journal of Theoretical Politics 18(4):455-498 (2006)
· Social Identity, Political Speech, and Electoral Competition. (with Kenneth Scheve)
Journal of Theoretical Politics 18(1):5-39 (2006)
· Working and Shirking: Equilibrium in Public Goods Games with Overlapping Generations of Players. (with Kenneth Shepsle)
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization 17:285-318 (2001)
· Dynamical Tide in Solar-Type Binaries. (with Jeremy Goodman)
Astrophysical Journal 507:938 (1998)
· The Discovery of Five Quasars at z>4 Using the Second Palomar Sky Survey (with J.D. Kennefick et al)
Astronomical Journal 110:78 (1995)