- Weekly "nyuguest" wireless password (Internal access only)
- NYU Wireless Configuration
- NYU VPN
- Computing Facilities (Internal access only)
- General Administration (Internal access only)
- Traveling for Business - the Fly America Act and NYU's Policy
- Tips and Tricks
Quick Links for Researchers
- NYU library databases
- NYU free e-book databases
- e-Print archive at Los Alamos National Laboratory (now hosted by Cornell University)
- INSPIRE, the High Energy Physics information system.
- The Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Mathematical Physics Preprint Archive (mp_arc)
- Google Scholar
- Open Office - Open Office should open documents produced by most of the word processing softwares.
- Libre Office
- MacTeX - Latex for Mac
- MiKTeX - Latex for Windows
- GhostScript and GhostView
- Xemacs editor
- gimp - GNU Image Manipulation Program
- Inkscape - Vector graphics software
- Blender - Open source 3D graphics
- Cygwin - Linux environment and X server on Windows
- List of various softwares on wikipedia
- For other NYU provided softwares such as Symantec Endpoint Protection, please visit NYU IT Software or click on "Ask NYU IT" on the top right corner after logging on to home.nyu.edu. IT also has SSH and SFTP softwares.
- For Physics Department computation softwares, please visit Physics Department Softwares page.