Databases | Online Encyclopedias | Online Journals | Links to Specific Journals | Online Paper Archives | Online Texts | Philosophy in the Media | Philosophy of Mind | General Philosophy Resources | Philosophy Guides and Surveys | Other Philosophy Links | Philosophy at Bobst Library and Beyond | Nearby Philosophy Departments
Several of the links on this page are only available from NYU computers or via the NYU proxy server. Instructions on using the proxy server can be found here.
- JSTOR, includes past issues of many journals, often back to the founding of the journal. JSTOR has excellent searching capabilities.
- Ingenta, includes current and many past issues of many journals and other periodic publications.
- Blackwell Synergy, includes past and current issues of journals from Blackwell Publishing.
- Cambridge Core, includes past and current issues of Cambridge University Press journals.
- Kluwer Online Journals, includes past and current issues of Kluwer journals.
- Oxford Journals, includes past and current issues of journals from Oxford University Press.
- Poiesis, includes past and current issues of many journals.
- Project Euclid, a collection of Mathematics and Logic journals, including Bulletin of Symbolic Logic, Journal of Symbolic Logic, and Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic.
- Project Muse, includes recent issues of several journals, such as Philosophy and Public Affairs.
- Electronic Journals, a searchable list of online journals compiled by Bobst library.
- On-line Information about Journals in Philosophy and Related Disciplines, a comprehensive list of philosophy journals available online compiled by Peter Milne.
Links to Specific Journals
Online Paper Archives
- Philosophy Compass
- Front for the Mathematics arXiv, an archive for papers in Computer Science, Logic, Mathematics, and Physics.
- The International Directory of Online Philosophy Papers
- Online Papers in Philosophy (OPP), reports on changes to webpages hosting papers in philosophy, compiled by Jonathan Ichikawa.
- Online Papers on Consciousness, compiled by David Chalmers. As of 2007, contains almost 5,000 papers.
- People with Online Papers in Philosophy, compiled by David Chalmers.
- PhilSci Archive in the Philosophy of Science
- Semantics Archive
- Sites with Original Philosophy
Philosophy in the Media
Philosophy of Mind
General Philosophy Resources
Philosophy Guides and Surveys
The presence of links to these guides and surveys on our web site should not be construed as an endorsement by the NYU Philosophy Department.
Other Philosophy Links
Philosophy at Bobst Library and Beyond
Nearby Philosophy Department
Graduate philosophy students in this department can take philosophy courses at Columbia, CUNY, the New School, Fordham, Princeton and Rutgers. The New Jersey departments are not part of the New York Consortium, but we have official exchange agreements with both of those departments. The following are links to the homepages of their philosophy departments: