In order to support initiatives aimed at addressing the lack of diversity in philosophy, the NYU philosophy department will waive PhD application fees not only for students who meet university-wide criteria (information below), but also for students who have participated in programs such as the following:
- Philosophy in an Inclusive Key Summer Institutes (PIKSI)
- Pittsburgh Summer Program 2
- Rutgers Summer Institute for Diversity in Philosophy
- Summer Immersion Program in Philosophy at Brown University
- UCSD Summer Program for Women in Philosophy
To learn more about the above initiatives, please visit the the APA's Diversity Institutes page.
To learn how to apply for an application fee waiver, and to see a full list of qualifications, see the Graduate School’s information page.