Current Graduate Students
News & Alerts
- Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
Recent Graduate Student Accomplishments
Successful Dissertation Defenses (AY16-17)
- Nadim Bawalsa, "Palestinian Migrants and the Birth of a Diaspora in Latin America, 1860-1940"
- Ryvka Barnard, "Destination Palestine: West Bank Tourism between Politics and History"
- Samuel Dolbee, "The Locust and the Starling: People, Insects, and Disease in the Late Ottoman Jazira and After, 1860-1940"
- Matt Maclean, "Spatial Transformations and the Emergence of 'the National': Infrastructures and the Formation of the United Arab Emirates, 1950-1980
- Ayelet Zoran Rosen, "Bosnia, 1463-1580: An Anatomy of Ottomanization"
- Alex Winder, "Policing and Crime in Mandate Palestine: Indigenous Policemen, British Colonial Control, and Palestinian Society, 1920-1948"
Successful Dissertation Defenses (AY15-16)
- Eman Morsi, "The Comedy of Revolution: Ludic Critique, Everyday Life and Narratives of the Nation-State in Egypt and Cuba (1961-1991)"
- Ahmad Shokr, "Beyond the Fields: Cotton and the End of Empire in Egypt, 1919-1956"
- Amir Moosavi, "Dust That Never Settled Ideology, Ambivalence and Disenchantment in Arabic and Persian Fiction of the Iran-Iraq War (1980-2003)"
- Hazem Jamjoum, CLIR Mellon Dissertation Fellowship in the Humanities in Original Sources and SSRC International Research Dissertation Fellowship.
- Antionio Musto, Center for Arabic Study Abroad (CASA) program in Cairo
- Jennifer Pineo-Dunn, Center for Arabic Study Abroad (CASA) program in Cairo
- Isaac Hand, Institute of International Education Fulbright Award
- Alya El Hosseiny, New York University Abu Dhabi Institute Humanities Research Fellowship
- Alex Winder, Carola Collier Berthelot Trust Fellowship
- Suneela Mubayi, Carola Collier Berthelot Trust Fellowship
- Maryam Rutner, Carola Collier Berthelot Trust Fellowship
- Ahmad Shokr, MESA's Malcolm H. Kerr Dissertation Award in Social Sciences, Honorable Mention