Students wishing to minor in Italian must complete four courses beyond Intermediate Italian II or Intensive Intermediate Italian. These include two required language courses and two electives in literature and/or culture & society.
The four courses consist of:
- Advanced Review of Modern Italian (ITAL-UA 30) (This course is required for all majors and minors)
- One additional advanced language course to be chosen from the following:
- Conversations in Italian (ITAL-UA 101)
- Creative Writing in Italian (ITAL-UA 103)
- Advanced Composition (ITAL-UA 105)
- Italian through Cinema (ITAL-UA 107)
- Italian through Opera (ITAL-UA 108)
- Translation (ITAL-UA 110)
- Two courses in literature and/or culture & society to be chosen in consultation with the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
Note: Internships do not count towards the minor. The Director of Undergraduate Studies may approve a maximum of two courses taken at another university to count towards the minor. For a check list of minor requirements please click here.