To schedule an appointment with the departmental tutor:
1. Follow this link https://rachel-italiantutor.youcanbook.me to access the tutoring calendar. (Appointments may be made up to two weeks in advance.)
2. Find an available appointment time and click on it - the site will prompt you through the appointment booking process and send you a confirmation email at the end. Appointment times are broken into 30- minute slots. Each student may schedule up to 1 hour of tutoring per week.
3. All tutoring appointments will be held in my office at the Remarque Institute, 60 Fifth Ave. As you do not have access to the 8th floor, please wait in the lobby by the security desk and I will come meet you. Please be on time, as being over ten minutes late will forfeit your appointment.
4. If you need to cancel or reschedule, you must do so with at least 24 hours notice. Follow the link in your appointment confirmation email to cancel or reschedule the appointment. Please be attentive to no-shows: tutoring appointments fill up quickly, and if you reserve an appointment that you cannot keep, you’re taking that spot from another student. After the second no-show, a student will be no longer be permitted to schedule with the tutor.
5. If your class schedule conflicts with the regular weekly tutoring windows, contact the tutor via email to see if alternative arrangements can be made.
6. If you find that the tutoring calendar is full, another option to pursue is peer tutoring through the University Learning Center. They hold a few sessions a week and the schedule is online.
7. There is no charge for meeting with the department tutor.