Humberto González Chávez
PhD Candidate in Italian / Adjunct Instructor of Italian
Department of Italian Studies
New York University
Instructions and Policies
1. Follow this link <https://italiantutoring.youcanbook.me> to access the tutoring calendar. (Appointments may be made up to two weeks in advance.)
2. Find an available 30-minute slot and click on it - the site will prompt you through the appointment booking process and send you a confirmation email at the end. Students may schedule up to 1 hour of tutoring per week.
3. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday appointments will be held at the Casa Italiana, 24 W. 12th St. Please wait in the lobby, and I will come meet you. For Wednesday appointments, please meet me in Bobst Lower Level 1, next to classroom 46. Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment; if you are more than 10 minutes late, you will forfeit your appointment.
4. If you need to cancel or reschedule, you must do so at least 24 hours in advance through the automated appointment system (click on the link in your appointment confirmation email).
Policy regarding no-shows: Because appointments are limited and the demand is high, students will no longer be able schedule tutoring appointments after the second no-show.
5. If your class schedule conflicts with the tutoring schedule, please contact me via e-mail to request an appointment on Friday at a mutually convenient time—be sure to include your full availability for that day in your e-mail. Another option available to you is peer tutoring through the University Learning Center. They hold a few sessions a week and the schedule is online.
6. Tutoring is offered free of charge.
Upcoming Review Sessions*
Location: Casa Italiana Zerilli - Marimò, Room 306
Date: Friday, February 15, 2019
1:00-1:30 Elementary Italian 1
1:30-2:00 Elementary Italian 2
2:00-2:30 Intermediate Italian 1
2:30-3:00 Intermediate Italian 2
*Note: These review sessions are open to all students currently taking Italian language class at NYU.