1. Largest free-standing Italian Department in North America, rated #1 in the nation for citations of faculty research.
2. Located in Casa Italiana, a landmarked West Village townhouse and vibrant cultural center.
3. Highly interactive language program built on advanced methodologies & state-of-the-art technological infrastructure.
4. Opportunity to study at NYU’s stunning Villa La Pietra in Florence, the heart of Tuscany.
5. Unparalleled interdisciplinary course offerings, including: Art History, History, Cinema Studies, Comparative Literature, Gender Studies, European Studies.
6. Italian makes an excellent double major—it is an ideal complement for a number of disciplines: Global Liberal Studies, Economics, Media and Communications, History, Politics, International Relations, European Studies, Architecture, etc.
7. Learn about a culture that was formative in the history of the West: Italy has the most UNESCO world heritage sites and is the birthplace of the Renaissance and humanism.
8. Italian is an asset for careers in fashion and design, film and media, museum science and art history, finance and economics, wine and food sectors, music and performance, tourism, and more.
9. Our one-year Master’s program at Villa La Pietra Florence enables interested students to get both a BA and MA in less time and at reduced cost.
10. Dedicated initiatives for your professional & academic progress, such as an annual Italian Job Fair and a department-specific undergraduate conference.
A pdf brochure version is available here.