Students typically enroll in 12 credits (full-time) per semester for their first three semesters of study. In the fourth semester, students are enrolled in the 2-credit MA Thesis Seminar and focus on completing the comprehensive thesis paper required by the program. The final 2-credits for the program is the Field Study Seminar, which should be taken in the semester when students are completing their Field Study project (see Field Study Requirement section for more information).
Below is a general guide to plan four semesters of coursework to complete the degree with 4-point courses. Variations are common, e.g. summer course work, taking 2 or 3 credit courses, and completing the degree in less or more time. Please consult the program if you wish to customize your course plan.
- 12 points course work: Core Course 1, Core Course 2, IR Elective 1
- 12 points course work: Core Course 3, IR Elective 2, General Elective 1
- Submit any transfer credits
- Submit Language requirement documentations
- 10 points course work: IR Elective 3, General Elective 2, Field Study Seminar
- Submit Thesis Proposal
- 6 points course work: MA Thesis Seminar, General Elective 3