XE Associate Director Lori Cole will be leading a Ph.D. Application workshop on Friday, Sept. 20th at 12pm in the XE Conference Room.
This workshop is geared towards students who are either considering a Ph.D. or those who are already in the early stages of the application process. It is also relevant to students who are interested in general information regarding doctoral degrees and those who need some guidance as to what they should be prepared for in terms of the application process. Some general issues that will be tackled are:
· How do I know if a Ph.D. is right for me?
· Setting realistic expectations for the Ph.D. process and future career trajectories.
· Choosing a department as well as a university that is a good fit for me.
· What to expect in terms of the contents and deadlines for a Ph.D. application.
· Using XE as a resource for making decisions about a Ph.D. and a career in academia.
We encourage all students who are interested in future doctoral studies and have questions regarding the same to attend.