We are proud to present a list of highlights and recent books published by NYU Creative Writing Program faculty.
• American Sonnets for My Past and Future Assassin by Terrance Hayes and Eye Level by Jenny Xie, which were shortlisted for the 2018 National Book Award in Poetry.
• Feel Free by Zadie Smith is a New York Times Notable Book and is longlisted for the PEN/Diamonstein-Spielvogel Award for the Art of the Essay.
Our warmest congratulations to all!
Recent Faculty Books:
• Soft Targets by Deborah Landau (Copper Canyon Press)
• Human Hours by Catherine Barnett (Graywolf Press)
• I Feel You: The Surprising Power of Human Empathy by Cris Beam (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
• How to Write an Autobiographical Novel by Alexander Chee (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
• Run the Storm: A Savage Hurricane, a Brave Crew, and the Wreck of the SS El Faro by George Michelsen Foy (Scribner)
• American Sonnets for My Past and Future Assassin by Terrance Hayes (Penguin)
• To Float in the Space Between: A Life and Work in Conversation with the Life and Work of Etheridge Knight by Terrance Hayes (Wave Books)
• Feel Free by Nick Laird (Faber & Faber)
• Kitchen Yarns: Notes on Life, Love, and Food by Ann Hood (W. W. Norton)
• A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza (SJP for Hogarth)
• Evolution by Eileen Myles (Grove Press)
• Hazards of Time Travel by Joyce Carol Oates (Ecco Press)
• Come with Me by Helen Schulman (HarperCollins)
• The Byline Bible by Susan Shapiro (Writer’s Digest Books)
• Feel Free: Essays by Zadie Smith (Penguin)
• We Begin in Gladness: How Poets Progress by Craig Morgan Teicher (Graywolf)