Saturday, February 23, 2019 - Sunday, February 24, 2019
Háu mitákuyepi, New York City — the Lakota Language Weekend heads your way for the first time, in partnership with the American Indian Community House and CLACS at NYU, and with the generous support of The New York Community Trust.
The Weekend kicks off Friday 7 pm with the award-winning film Rising Voices / Hótȟaŋiŋpi and post-screening reception, at the King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center at NYU/www.kjcc.org
The LLW is an intensive (and fun) crash course on the Lakota language and culture, geared for beginners!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• The Lakota kinship system
• Introductions and greetings
• Basic phrases for the world around you
• How to build basic sentences
• "Our instructors were phenomenal!"
• "I learned so much, and excited to learn more!"
* "A truly amazing experience!"
* "They made it really fun to learn"
LAKOTA INSTRUCTOR "DREAM TEAM"
• Alex FireThunder-Loeb
• Naomi Tasunke Ehake (Last Horse)
• @Rueben Fasthorse (The Magick Man)
• @Alan WIlson
Just $30 for the weekend! $15 for current students in CLACS at NYU and Native American and Indigenous Student Group at NYU - NAISG
Co-hosted by the Lakota Language Consortium, the NYU Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS), and the American Indian Community House of New York.
We expect this event to sell out. REGISTER TODAY to reserve your spot!