Háu mitákuyepi, New York City — the Lakota Language Weekend heads your way for the first time, in partnership with the American Indian Community House and CLACS at NYU, and with the generous support ofThe New York Community Trust.
The Weekend kicks off Friday 7 pm with the award-winning film Rising Voices / Hótȟaŋiŋpi and post-screening reception, at the King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center at NYU/www.kjcc.org
The LLW is an intensive (and fun) crash course on the Lakota language and culture, geared for beginners!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• The Lakota kinship system
• Introductions and greetings
• Basic phrases for the world around you
• How to build basic sentences
• "Our instructors were phenomenal!"
• "I learned so much, and excited to learn more!"
* "A truly amazing experience!"
* "They made it really fun to learn"
LAKOTA INSTRUCTOR "DREAM TEAM"
• Bino Garcia
• Ashley Garcia
• Naomi Tasunke Ehake (Last Horse)
• Rueben Fasthorse (The Magick Man)
Just $30 for the weekend! (cost subsidized by a generous grant from the New York Community Trust).
Co-hosted by the Lakota Language Consortium, the NYU Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS), and the American Indian Community House of New York.
We expect this event to sell out. REGISTER TODAY to reserve your spot!