Internships, while not required to complete towards the major or minor, are highly encouraged. Internships provide opportunities for experiential learning and to enhance their understanding of Europe and the Mediterranean region. It is the responsibility of students to find an internship, however the department may be able to provide both suggestions and contacts depending on the student's interest. Internships may be completed during the summer or during the fall or spring semester.
Internships completed by CEMS students include, among many others:
- Contributing writer, Associated Press
- Summer Intern, Permanent Mission of Poland to the United Nations
- Museum exhibition and experiential education project assistant, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
- Summer Intern, Directorate of Intelligence
- Spring Intern, National Program and Outreach, Council on Foreign Relations