This track is designed for students who desire a wide variety of study topics in biology including molecular biology, cell biology, evolutionary biology, microbiology, toxicology, physiology, immunology, neurobiology, genetics, genomics, proteomics, systems biology, and bioinformatics.
Highly Recommended Courses:
Bio Core 1: Molecules and Cells - BIOL-GA 1001, 4 points. A survey of the major topics of up-to-date molecular and cellular biology, starting with molecular structure and function of proteins and polynucleic acids and ending with cell division and apoptosis.
Bio Core 2: Genes, Systems, and Evolution - BIOL-GA 1002, 4 points. A survey of the major topics of modern biology, including genetics, genomics, systems biology, developmental genetics, cell biology, neurobiology, population genetics, and evolution.
Example Elective Courses:
- Principles of Evolution - BIOL-GA 1069, 4 points.
- Special Topics in Physiology - BIOL-GA 1031, 4 points.
- Advanced Immunology - BIOL-GA 1011, 4 points.
- Animal Virology - BIOL-GA 1080, 4 points.
- Hot Topics in Microbiology and Infectious Diseases - BIOL-GA 1023, 4 points.
- Lab in Molecular Biology I-IV - BIOL-GA 1122-1125, 4 points each.
- Introduction to Biostatistics - BIOL-GA 2303, 4 points.
- Toxicology - BIOL-GA 1006, 4 points.
- Ecotoxicology: Hudson River Case Study - BIOL-GA 1005, 4 points.
- Molecular and Genetic Toxicology - BIOL-GA 2040, 4 points.
- Systems Biology - BIOL-GA 1128, 4 points.
- Cell Biology - BIOL-GA 1051, 4 points.
- Structure-Function Relationships in Cellular Macromolecules - BIOL-GA 2017, 4 points.
- Statistics in Biology - BIOL-GA 2030, 4 points.
- Math in Medicine/Biology - BIOL-GA.1501, 4 points.
- Programming for Biologists - BIOL-GA.1007, 4 points.
- Bioinformatics & Genomes - BIOL-GA 1127, 4 points.
- Biological Databases and Datamining - BIOL-GA 1009, 4 points.
- Biophysical Modeling of Cells & Populations - BIOL-GA 1131, 4 points.
- Evolutionary Genetics & Genomics - BIOL-GA 1129, 4 points.
- Applied Genomics: Intro to Bioinformatics and Network Modeling - BIOL-GA 1130, 4 points.
- Research - BIOL-GA 3303-3304, 1-6 points.
- Reading - BIOL-GA 3305-3306, 1-6 points.
For additional course offerings through the Departments of Biology, Biomaterials, and Basic Medical Sciences (NYU medical school), please see the GSAS Bulletin, or at the registrar’s web site for the schedule of course offerings.