If there is an emergency call Public Safety at ex.82222 or 911
- Get immediate appropriate medical attention. First Aid Kit in lab.
- If serious call public safety x82222 and Facilities Manager at ext 89041 or 917-494-1816 (any time day or night)
- To Eyes- Do Not rub eyes. Hold eyelids open and flush with water for at least 15 minutes. Have another lab member call public safety.
- To Skin- Flush area with lukewarm water and soap for at least 15 minutes. Remove clothing and jewelry from affected area.
- Ingestion- Contact Poison Control 9-1-212-764-7667. Listen to instructions.
- Inhalation- Get to fresh air.
- Get immediate medical attention.
- Call Public Safety x82222 and Facilities Manager at ext 89041 or 917-494-1816 (any time day or night)
- Assess Hazards.
- If you do not feel comfortable cleaning up the spill, you do not have to! It is not your responsibility! It is your responsibility to notify Public Safety at ext. 82222
- If you do evacuate an area, please warn others that might be entering the area.
- Contain or limit spill if necessary.
- Spill kit in each Lab.
- If hazardous contact public safety x82222 and Facilities Manager at ext 89041 or 917-494-1816 (any time day or night).
- If at any point during the cleanup you feel lightheaded or unable to protect yourself while cleaning, evacuate area.