The following are the current FAS/CIT recommended configurations for workstations. The machine configurations are based on NYU standards for computers.
Replacement/New machines for faculty may be chosen from the Standard PC Desktop or Standard Mac Desktop. FAS will fund $1,000 toward laptops or higher-end desktops, with the remainder paid from research funds. Replacement/New machines for staff must be the Standard PC Workstation. If a Mac Workstation is desired, a justification must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any upgrades beyond the standard configurations must be paid with departmental or research funds. If research funds are not available, you may send an appeal to email@example.com to seek additional funding. We do not put replacement funds into the New MacBook or the MacBook Air. Only MacBook Pros qualify as replacement/new machines.
Standard PC Workstation - All-in-One Option
- This is an All-In-One model. This unit is fully contained within the monitor, reducing storage space necessary.
- Dell Optiplex 7450 AIO, Intel Quad-Core i5-7500 3.4GHz, (camera, network, graphics and speaker all integrated.)
- 23.8” Full High Definition non-touch screen.
- 8GB (1x8G) 2400MHz DDR4 Memory.
- 500GB 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive.
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.
- Wired keyboard and mouse.
- Microsoft Office Professional and Adobe Acrobat installed separately by FAS/CIT support providers, as appropriate under
licenseagreement (Select licensing allows installation on one desktop and one laptop per individual).
- Full Warranty
Standard Apple Workstation – Requires additional funds over $1,000
This workstation is intended for the Macintosh user.
- iMac with Intel Dual-Core i5 2.3GHz processor, Built-in Facetime HD camera, sound and Gigabit NIC.
- 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640.
- 21.5" Display, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0.
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports (USB-C), 4 USB 3.0 ports, SDXC card slot.
keyboard, Wired Mouse.
- MacOS Sierra, AppleCare three-year protection plan.
- Microsoft Office Professional and Adobe Acrobat installed separately by FAS/CIT, as appropriate under
licenseagreement (Select licensing allows installation on one office computer and one laptop per individual).
HP Laserjet P1102w
- HP Laserjet P1102w printer.
- 6' USB Cable.